Monday, December 30, 2013

December Favorites

Hmm…I wonder what will be on this list? Gifts of the 25th, perhaps? ;) (I also apologize for the quality of these pictures. I had to take them quickly last night and didn't have the greatest set-up or lighting. It's been a crazy week!)



1) Unspoken by Dee Henderson


 

Unfortunately I accidentally discovered I was getting this before Christmas, but it didn't lessen my excitement at all. This is Henderson's new book, and seeing as I consider her one of my "mentors," I am beyond excited to start reading this!

2) The 5-Disc Extended Edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey



This Christmas was rather filled with Hobbit/Lord of the Rings gifts…which was fine by me ;) This awesome set came from my brother, and I didn't even know of its existence yet! I know what I'm doing on my next day off.

3) Hobbit Door Locket


This was also known as the "International Christmas" as several of our gifts came from around the world (most of them from my brother - he was in the Navy and got many of our gifts while on deployment); this locket came from Australia and was ordered through etsy (I believe by seller ReadingFanGirl, but I'm not positive). It's simply gorgeous.

4) Reversible Mug Cozy



Gifted from my mother but made by my sister-in-law, this is the perfect cozy to use when drinking tea while writing ;) Not only is the color green perfect (did you know just looking at the color green can enhance creativity?), but one side says, "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit" and the other side, "A safe fairyland is untrue to all worlds." Perfect for this fantasy-lover.


5) Leather-Bound Journal




How. awesome. is. this? Another gift from my brother, this little journal came all the way from Hong Kong. The Chinese word on the front is "dragon." He knows me so well.

6) A Kindle


Shock. I got a kindle?! Well, yes I did. This was not something I asked for, and don't worry - I'm still strong for paperback books. However, this kindle was my gramps'; my gommie gave it to me (along with an awesome pen/stylus), and it really is quite a convenient thing to have. Even though it's just a piece of technology, it was my gramps' and so I'm going to treasure it for as long as I can :)



I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment