Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome to 2014



I'm guessing half of you created New Year's resolutions, and the other half of you despise people who do so. I'll admit, part of me likes making a few resolutions, but the other half loves repeating what my dad says, "If you never shoot for something…you won't be disappointed." ;)

However, I do want to share a few of my goals and changes for this new year.

First off, one concerning all of you : I am not going to be posting every Monday. A few other commitments have come up in my life, and it's all just too overwhelming for me. (When I get to the point where I want to write in my story but can't because I have a blog post to write, that's the time to step back and reevaluate.) So, for now, I'm going to be posting every other Monday (I would also like to continue including the favorites of the month, which I plan to post on the 1st each month, but we'll see how it goes).

I also intend to start involving you in giveaways, contests, and guest posts/interviews (sneak peak: in a couple of weeks, we will have our first guest blogger!). If you're interested in writing a guest post or would like an interview for your blog/book promotion, please go to my Contact Me or Ask Me! page.

Another goal I want to accomplish that is rather a must for me is reading more. I reviewed my list of books read for 2013 and found it horribly lacking. This year I want to read as many books as I can and reach out beyond my comfort zone of material, which I'll admit is very slim. (Do you have any suggestions for me?)

My other goal is, of course, writing. I completed a very hefty goal last year in finishing my first draft of my fantasy novel, but this year I want to tie all the ends together in revisions, have the next book written, and possibly be ready for the road to publication by 2015.


A HUGE "thank you" to all of you for supporting my blog and my writing; I was certainly blessed in 2013 through your support. Whether you make goals for the new year or simply prefer to go with the flow, I hope and pray 2014 will be a new year full of blessings for all of you.

If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all. ~ John Green



No comments:

Post a Comment