Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Announcement: Update on my WIP

Well, my dear followers…I have a rather big announcement to make.

At 4:00 PM, October 30, 2013, I completed the first draft for my current WIP, The Descendants of Drasia: The Prequel.

I. am. SHOCKED. Literally shocked. Lately I'd been setting a goal of getting the draft done by the new year, but yesterday I began writing like a madman. I don't know how it happened, but I was hit with immense inspiration and couldn't keep my fingers from the keyboard. I wrote and wrote and everything just started coming together. Halfway through yesterday I decided I'd probably be done by Thanksgiving, and then I started writing today in another fevered manner. Next thing I knew, I was writing the final words of the epilogue.

My hands are shaking but there is still so much work to be done. Editing, revising, figuring out what to do from here, outlining and planning the next books to follow… However, today, I'm going to set it all aside and simply revel in the feeling of accomplishment ;)

I want to thank EVERYONE who has given me encouragement, advice, and support since I began this story in September 2012. On to the next adventure!



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have yet to experience the feeling of having a book finished.
    I can't wait to read it when it's published!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such exciting news! Congratulations and I am wicked excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mercy - Thank you! Oh, just wait - it's an amazing feeling ;)

    Mom - ^.^ Thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete