Tuesday, December 27, 2016

November/December Wrap Up

Just a quick monthly wrap up before the year's end overview!

Black Widow, Volume 1: The Finely Woven Thread

Thoughts: Read my review here.

Rating: ****














Ms. Marvel: No Normal 

Thoughts: Read my review here.

Rating: *****
















     

The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland

Thoughts: I turned the pages. I finished it. I felt I had wasted my time.

Rating: **













Frankenstein (Audiobook)

Thoughts: I really enjoyed the story and Dan Steven's version of the book.  If you have a hard time reading classics, check this out.

Rating: ****











Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict

Thoughts: The beginning was strong and had potential, but soon the dialogue and action turned repetitive, and I found myself counting the pages til the end. The end was cliche, feel-good, and not horrible, but I was rather disappointed in this book.

Rating: ** (and a half star)











The Art of Stillness: Adventures in Going Nowhere (Audiobook)

Thoughts: I listened to this as a way to build my book count, but I did end up enjoying it. I wouldn't agree with everything the author says, and I wish he had included more personal experiences that observations of others behaviors, but it was a relaxing listen.

Rating: ***









The Unfortunate Importance of Beauty

Thoughts: I went into this book thinking it would be a deep look at today's society and culture, and what it turned into was a chick-lit with a random splash of supernatural that just didn't flow. I enjoyed it well enough, but I set the book aside and laughed, and not in the best way.

Rating: **










Peter Pan

Thoughts: It's Peter Pan. Of course I loved it. A very different book, and certainly not the children's story we are familiar with thanks to Disney.

Rating: ****


No comments:

Post a Comment