Friday, October 28, 2016

October Book Haul!



This is actually my second book haul of the month, but as most of my previous haul was featured in my autumn TBR, I'm counting this as separate.

I purchased all these books from bookoutlet.com. I'm not affiliated with them, just thought I'd let you know about their site. They offer like new to brand new quality books at incredible discount prices, and also offer a section of even cheaper priced books though at slightly less quality. I've ordered twice from them, and the only marks on (a few) the books have been some sticker residue and a black pen strike on the bottom (often found on sale books). Shipping is fast and I've been immensely pleased!

The Unfortunate Importance of Beauty


I found this book on Pinterest and the premise looked fairly interesting and thought-provoking, and after hearing from a friend that she'd like to know my opinion of it, this was the first book I picked up. 

Every Heart a Doorway


This book is being reviewed everywhere on Youtube. I didn't pay any attention at first, because honestly, I judged the book by its cover and thought it was a typical YA or Adult romance, but then I finally caught onto the storyline; a school for children who have gone to magical lands but come back to the real world and can't cope? Yes, please. As a child (and adult!) who had an active imagination and spent her days wishing she could escape to Narnia, I have a feeling this book will be right up my alley. 

Hans Christian Andersen, Best-Loved Fairy Tales


Honestly, I didn't grow up reading a lot of Hans Christian Andersen, even though I love fairy tales. This book is enormous and contains beautiful black and white illustrations. I couldn't pass it up and can't wait to catch up on some fairy tales! This might become my nightly read. 

The Secret Garden


This is the most exciting book I've purchased this year. I read The Secret Garden when I was in elementary school, and it was the first book I remember making an impression on me with its writing, particularly Hodgson Burnett's knack of mesmerizing descriptions. I haven't read it since and am so anxious to reread it. Plus, how beautiful is this Puffin Classics cover? It's even more darling in person.

Peter Pan


This was actually purchased in my first haul but I forgot to include it in my TBR post mentioned previously, so I'm slipping it in here. I've had several people recommend I read this, citing it's completely different from the Disney animated movie I grew up with. It's also a Puffin Classic edition; I'm so in love with these beautiful, whimsical covers!

Night Knight


  I'm making a trip next month to see my nephew and new niece (squee!), and I'm bringing this along as a little gift for my 3 year-old nephew. I've fallen in love with this book. The illustrations are so charming, and the story is adorable. I only wish I lived closer so I could read it to him myself more often! ;)

How's your autumn reading coming along? What book will you pick up next? 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment