Monday, August 1, 2016

July Monthly Favorites



Welcome to the monthly favorites of July! These past four weeks flew by. I haven't done a post like this in a while, but certain things stood out to me this month and I couldn't ignore them.


1) My Antonia


Considering my review, it you may be surprised as to why this book is in my favorites.  As I said in that review, while not a particularly enjoyable read for me, I read this book after learning it was one of my grandmother's favorite books. Anything that can bring me a bit closer to who my grandmother was is at the top of my favorites. 


2) Relaxing Music Epic Fantasy playlist on Youtube

There's nothing like music to ease the soul and help you through plotting ideas! This playlist contains soundtracks from Lord of the Rings, Skyrim, Game of Thrones, and more, and I love it. 


3) Stickies
On my mac I use the program Stickies, which is essentially digital sticky notes, for all my new story ideas. Let's just say there's more than one or two filled up with ideas for my WIP...


4) KM Weiland's Post on Story Theme

You need to read this. Everybody needs to read this. 
And while we're on this note, K.M. Weiland's blog Helping Writers Become Authors has been tremendously helpful lately. I can't get enough of her posts on plot and character arcs, etc. Check it out!


5) Goodreads
I joined Goodreads a few months ago, and while I have to say it still confuses me (tech savvy I am not), it's satisfying to check off a book from "currently reading" to "read." I think I've read more this year than last year already.


6) Artwork
I'm making tremendous progress on my fantasy trilogy that I had set aside a while ago. My stories are led by females, and this artwork fits the stories so well there might have been a bit of squealing upon discovery.

7) Peruse Project



(Ragen's latest video)

Book reviewers on youtube...why have I never seen these people before? It's like I've discovered a secret society and my life is now fulfilled. Enough dramatics. My favorite "booktuber" I've found recently is Regan of PeruseProject. She reviews books, does book tags, unboxes monthly subscriptions, and has an energy that can't help but make you smile and want to buy all the books. (Seriously, all the books. I've come so close to spending all of my money in one major book haul, but I don't think they would fit in my house.) Check her out!


What's something you discovered this month? 



SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment