Hello all! I've never done one of these things before, but Mercy Ray was kind enough to tag me in her response, and I thought this would be a good opportunity for all of us to get to know each other a bit better in a fun way. :) This is for participation in The Sunflower Blogger Award. I share 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions that Mercy Ray gave me, and then tag 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions. Shall we begin?
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I'm lactose intolerant.
2. I can sit down and watch superhero movies all day, or I can watch BBC shows with my mom over and over. My interests are quite broad :P
3. Out of fiction genres, contemporary seems to be the hardest for me to write.
4. Emma by Jane Austen is one of my all-time favorite books, but I've only read it once.
5. I'm deathly afraid of snakes. I can't even look at a picture of one without hyperventilating, and even saying the name makes me jittery.
6. Biology was the only science I liked in school.
7. I'm nearly incapable of making a decision. Deciding answers to the questions coming up below was quite hard for me. I drive my family and friends crazy because I always have to see what they want to do and make sure I don't pick something that they don't want.
8. I love knick knacks and collecting things. Fairly recently I've developed an interest in collecting tea pots and tea cups.
9. I've wanted to be an actress since I was about ten years old, which completely contradicts my shy, introverted self.
(Being an introvert is like being Robert Downey Jr. in your head and Castiel in real life)
(~image found on pinterest~)
10. Oklahoma! was the first old musical I saw, and I've loved them ever since. Singin' in the Rain and State Fair are two of my favorites.
11. I hate cooking. I get stressed in the kitchen because I'm a perfectionist, and I just plain don't like it. I tell everyone that I'm either going to marry a chef someday or buy a lot of take out. ;)
My Answers to the 11 Questions
1. What is your favorite TV show?
"Family time" evenings were always TV time growing up, so it's hard for me to pick a favorite! However, lately I've been watching Blue Bloods with my parents, and I've become a bit obsessive.
2. If you could live in any country, besides the one you live in now, which would you pick?
Ireland, because it's gorgeous, and I hear the people are extremely friendly. One thing I've always dreamed of doing is going to Ireland, finding a breathtaking spot, and just sitting down for a day and writing.
3. What is your favorite wild animal?
I'm a huge animal-lover, but I'd have to say dolphins.
4. If you could live as a character in any book, which book would you choose?
Does a series count? I'd have to choose The Chronicles of Narnia. I'd love to have the opportunity to escape to another reality but still know that I could come "home." Plus, I know the books so well I probably wouldn't have to deal with getting lost in a new place ;P
5. If you had to choose, which of these famous cities would you live in: Paris, London, or New York?
London. I'm not even going to pretend I had to stop and think…
6. What movie, book, or TV show can you quote endlessly?
I have to go back to The Chronicles of Narnia probably, both books and movies.
7. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
I can't give a direct answer; my life is full of embarrassing moments. I'm a very awkward person.
8. What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
I can't say this is the bravest, but flying to North Carolina by myself took some guts; flying makes me very nervous.
9. What do you consider to be the best smell in the world?
Chicken grilling on a summer evening!
10. What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
I had a skiing accident when I was 13 and ended up having brain surgery.
11. If you could punch a fictional character in the face, who would it be?
And here are the tagged bloggers, though I don't have 11! ;)
My 11 Questions for the Tagged Bloggers:
1. Do you prefer writing with paper and pencil or on the computer?
2. If you didn't write/blog, what would you be doing?
3. Who has influenced you the most, whether it be a "historical" figure (missionary, author, president, ect.), someone you know, or a character?
4. What song do you find yourself listening to the most lately?
5. Do you love the feel of a paperback in your hands or the convenience of a kindle/the like?
6. What was the last word you wrote in a story or read in a book?
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
8. If you could choose one thing to accomplishment immediately from your bucket list, what would it be?
9. What is one quirk you consider to be special and unique to you? (C'mon now - we all have one!)
10. What is your one essential travel item?
11. What is the first story ever you remember writing?