Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Update on My Work in Progress

The past few days I've been writing like crazy in my WIP, The Descendants of the Drasia: The Prequel.

Few Updates:

I just hit over 100,000 words, ideas to pull everything together have been pounding my mind right and left (which is great but when you're in the middle of writing a scene, it's hard to break even to write those ideas down!), and the story has taken tremendous leaps in the past three-four chapters. There's still a lot of story left to write, but all the scenes for the "near" end that I've been planning since the beginning of the book are popping up, and I can see the end in sight. I'm absolutely thrilled with the knowledge that this draft IS going to be done by Christmas (if not by Thanksgiving, on which I secretly set my sights...shh, don't tell my writer's brain). Thank you everyone who has given me encouragement and kind, interested words so far to get me to where I am right now. Keep looking for updates on Drasia!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and keep up the good work! "The end is near!" is such a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It most definitely is. I've been working on this story for almost a year now (I just realized that, seems impossible), so I'm certainly excited.

    ReplyDelete