Saturday, July 20, 2013

Book Review: The O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson

I mentioned Dee Henderson as one of my favorite inspirational authors in my last blog post, so today I thought I'd give a review on one of her books.

The book I'm reviewing comes from her series, The O'Malley Series, about a group of adults who "adopted" each other as family when they were all in the same home for orphans and took on the last name O'Malley. Each book deals with one member of this family, their job, looking out for their siblings, and of course a love interest is usually involved. I have read the prequel and up to books 1-3, but I can highly recommend all of the previous books (#1 and #2 were my favorites so far.). Today I'm going to review the one I finished just a couple weeks ago.

The O'Malley Series, Book 3, The Truth Seeker.



The Truth Seeker deals with Lisa O'Malley, an older one of the siblings. She's a forensic pathologist, and while you might not get a lot of moments of rattling off amazing details about the bodies she examines like Sherlock Holmes or Brennan from the TV series Bones does, you get a few of those little moments and if you're even slightly interested in that profession, it's fascinating. As she tries to uncover the possible murder of a man burned to death, Lisa works with Quinn Diamond, a US Marshall who is also on the hunt trying to discover his father's murderer, who he believes is also the man who murdered a girl in his Wyoming town on the same day many years ago.

Quinn shows obvious interest in Lisa, but she isn't too thrilled to be picked third (Quinn tried dating at least two of her other sisters before her). However, as they work together, the unlikely pair soon discovers they're going to need more than just each other's assistance in this murder case.

~~

Dee Henderson is a Christian author who deals with a specific point of Christianity in each story, and as a Christian myself I appreciate her desire to be bold in discussing the faith in her books. In this book, Henderson specifically deals with one character being pushed to come to know Christ and her resistance in the matter. Even if you don't share this faith, I would still recommend the series. The writing is excellent and the story is always tense and thrilling. This book was probably the most relaxed of the series, which is why I prefer the two I mention previously, but these books are written in a way where you could pick any of them and catch up fairly easily (though I always recommend to start at the beginning).

---
Quick announcement: I had my wisdom teeth pulled a couple of days ago, and the medicine I'm on is very strong (I've read over this post several times, but I'm sorry if there are any grammatical misspellings and such), so it's hard for me at the moment to write blog posts. However, I've been promising a scheduled, consistent blog posting on here, and so if I'm feeling well enough tomorrow, I want to let you know that I plan to post an entry every week on Monday between 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. I'll try that for a month or two and see how it goes, so make sure to stop by the blog on Mondays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment