Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, my followers! I hope you had a fun New Year's Eve and are excited to write down your new goals for 2013 :) I personally have not sat down to make an official list yet, but many of my goals deal with writing. This year I graduate high school, and I can finally focus on specifically learning about writing. I can't wait to start all the courses I have planned to take on writing - there really are many out there! I also plan to finish my first draft of The Descendants of Drasia: The Prequel (which, by the way, is what I have labeled as my working title for my medieval fantasy book :) ) and start revisions, AND start the second book.

I also plan to make it a goal to start becoming more bold in my writing. I don't mean not being afraid to write what I feel I should, though that is in and of itself a goal, but being bolder with others. My "one weakness" is that I hate showing other people my work because I fear they will laugh at me, whether to my face or in their heads. I'm terrified they won't take me seriously, or they will consider my writing to be just plain lame. However, if I ever want to take MYSELF seriously as a writer, and if I ever do want to publish books, I need to overcome these fears so that I may accomplish my goals.

1 comment:

  1. I apologize for the way the chapter came out. I did indent the paragraphs, but this rather stupid layout didn't allow that to be published I suppose >.< Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete