Monday, July 20, 2015

Character Names List #4 : Names Ending in -ala

(I am aware the blog address is incorrect. My apologies, I'll pay better attention next time.)

Perhaps this list's theme seems a bit random. Let me explain.

I just treated myself to a ukulele. I visited a music store, decided I wanted and ordered a Kala KA-C Concert Ukulele. It arrived today, and I'm excited to start focusing my energy on something.

I'm going to want to name my new, adorable uke, because that's the kind of dork I am, and I thought why not rhyme it with Kala? Some of these names were new to me, and I've completely fallen in love.

(These are labeled as female names)


Adala -  meaning : just, honest, honorable ; origin : English and German

Amala - meaning : pure, hope ;  origin : Arabic Sanskrit

Cala - meaning : lily, beauty ;  origin : Old Greek

Dhavala - meaning : white ;  origin : Sanskrit

Fala - meaning : resembling a crow ;  origin : Native American

Hala - meaning : moon's halo ;  origin : Arabic

Ismala - meaning : God will hear ;  origin : Hebrew

Jameala - meaning : beautiful ; origin : Arabic

Kamala - meaning : light red ; origin : Sanskrit

Kanala - meaning : shining ; origin : Sanskrit

Mala - meaning : mighty in battle ; origin : Hebrew, Germanic, English

Manala - meaning : achievement  ; origin : Arabic

Nala - meaning : lioness  ;  origin : African - Swahili

Natala - meaning : born on Christmas ;  origin : English

Pamala - meaning : all black, all sweetness ; origin : Old Greek

Vala - meaning : singled out  ; origin : Germanic

Zahala - meaning : joy ; origin : Hebrew

Zala - meaning : one who is beautiful ;  origin : Slovene

Which is your favorite? Do you have your own favorite name ending in -ala? 
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment