Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Drumroll, Please

12:40 A.M., Tuesday, February 7, 2012 First draft of my first book : COMPLETE. I'm excited for this accomplishment, but it hasn't really hit yet that this is my first completed book that I have been serious about, and it is finally written. On to the revisions...oh dear. I look forward to making my book better and fixing the things I left out, but at the same time I am thinking "Oh...I have to rewrite this book again." But that's okay - I'll get through it and just set my eyes to publishing, haha! Writing, I think, is not apart from living. Writing is a kind of double living. The writer experiences everything twice. Once in reality and once in that mirror which waits always before or behind. ~Catherine Drinker Bowen <3 i="">

EDIT: Skip forward 4 years later. No, nothing happened to this book after I wrote the post. I actually found the draft for it the other day, tucked away in a binder, and sat down to peruse it's pages...ah, the teenage angst and dramatic dialogue. While I still love a few of the characters, the story is what you would expect from a 15 year old; not bad at the time, but unfit for public eye. ;) Who knows, maybe you'll see remnants of it in a future story, but the draft is definitely going to be kept in my private collection of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment